Beginning with mid-1900s projects like the Paseo Bridge, to modern replacement the Christopher S. Bond Bridge , Clarkson Construction has been one of Kansas City’s busiest bridge construction companies over the past century.
Clarkson Construction’s vast resources in both manpower and machinery allow Clarkson to self-perform over 90 percent of the services required for a complete bridge construction or repair project, including:
- Grading/Site Development
- Foundations and Footings
- Substructure abutments columns and caps
- Structural Steel or Concrete Beams
- Superstructure Deck/Driving Surface
- Concrete Approach Paving
- Retaining Walls
- Reinforced Concrete Box Culverts
And of course we subcontract and oversee any specialty services to ensure maximum quality of the final project, all of which is managed from beginning to end by Clarkson Construction.
Our Bridge Construction Projects in Kansas City
- Christopher S. Bond Bridge – Construction began in April 2008 to replace the Paseo Bridge that was built in 1954.
- Paseo Bridge – Clarkson was involved at the very start of construction on the Paseo Bridge in 1953 that Clarkson began to build the sweeping approach to the bridge at 6th and Cherry Streets. Then in 2005, Clarkson rehabilitated the 51-year old bridge, re-opening two months ahead of schedule until its demolition in 2010.
- I-70 Bridge Over Manchester – Rehabilitation of this aging bridge located in Kansas City, Mo.
- Broadway Bridge over I-670 – Clarkson removed the outdated Broadway Bridge and replaced it with a wider and more modern bridge.
- I-35 and I-670 – Involved the reconstruction of several bridges and pavement replacement in Kansas City’s downtown loop.
- Utility Bridge over I-670 – New utility bridge to service new facilities in downtown Kansas City.
- Routes O, 169 and CC – Extensive repair on three bridges in Buchanan County.
- I-635 Bridges – Removed and replaced several bridges of the heavily trafficked highway.
What They Say About Us
“I am very proud of the many accomplishments we were all able to achieve on delivering the New Christopher S. (Kit) Bond bridge ahead of schedule and under budget. The citizens of Kansas City and all the travelers who use I-35 benefit from the iconic bridge and the many roadway improvements.”
Dave Nichols, Former Director of MoDOT
“From the Grandview Triangle to the bridges and foundation work at our Convention Center, they have performed ahead of schedule and on budget. Their work is simply amazing. If there is a difficult and troublesome job, Clarkson can handle it.”
Dr. Charles A. Eddy, KCMO City Council
Please contact Clarkson Construction today for more information about our bridge construction services.